WORK WITH US
WAREHOUSE MANAGER - FEBRUARY 2024
We are recruiting for the role of Warehouse Manager within our busy hire department. The succesful candidate will be responsible for all aspects of our warehousing and stock control, working with our Hire Manager and Project Manager to ensure smooth and efficient delivery of our hire & production services.
ABOUT DM AUDIO
Established in 1996, DM Audio Ltd is based on the outskirts of Edinburgh in Musselburgh. We are predominantly a sound hire company with an extensive stock of PA, Wireless, Backline and DJ equipment but also provide technical production services for events and sales of pro audio equipment. We currently have a core team of nine, which is augmented with freelance specialists as required.
We pride ourselves on the quality and presentation of our hire stock, which requires a dedicated team with excellent attention to detail to ensure that it is maintained to the highest level.
Our regular clients include event production companies, live music festivals, large-scale public events, touring bands, theatre companies, Fringe venues, artist agencies and wedding planners. We offer skilled personnel to set up and operate our equipment, and also supply equipment on a dry-hire basis to other industry professionals.
- Working with the Hire Manager to plan job prep, deliveries and staffing.
- Managing all staff and casual workers in the warehouse and ensuring compliance to procedures and safety protocols.
- Ensuring warehouse paperwork is created, completed and processed as appropriate.
- Prepping equipment for jobs.
- Responsible for testing, maintenance and repairs to equipment and vehicles
- Providing office cover and dealing with customer enquiries and payments as required.
- Ensuring a safe and tidy working environment compliant with Health and Safety regulations.
- Stock control and inventory.
- Delivering and setting up equipment as required.
- Developing and enhancing systems with the goal of improving the efficient running of our warehouse to help facilitate growth, reduce our environmental impanct and improve profitability.
The ideal candidate should possess the following attributes:
- Previous experience managing a warehouse, ideally in the live events industry.
- Experience in the use and care of sound equipment, backline and wireless systems.
- Experience managing and developing a team.
- Experience developing, implementing and managing warehouse systems and procedures.
- Experience working with Easyjob or similar rental management software.
- Ability to operate in a high-pressure environment while keeping a cool head, working methodically with attention to detail.
- Self-motivated but enjoys working as part of a team.
- Willing to work flexible hours including some evening and weekend work as required.
- Enthusiastic with a ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Customer facing experience.
Full UK driving licence and experience driving 3.5 tonne vans
- Health and Safety training
- First Aid Training
- Manual Handling training
- IPAF 1a & 1b
The role is full time, working an average of 40 hours per week including some evening and weekend work. Salary scale is £28,000 - £32,000 dependent on experience. Payment for additional hours and time off in lieu are available.
If you would like to apply for this role please complete this online form and email your CV to and a covering letter explaining how your previous experience meets the requirements of the role of Warehouse Manager to firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date for applications is 12:00 midday Wednesday February 28th 2024.
We look forward to hearing from you.