WHO WE ARE
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
What information do we collect about you?
We collect information about you when you request a quotation, place an order for our services, make a job application, register as freelance crew or apply for a placement. We also collect information when you voluntarily complete customer surveys, provide feedback and participate in competitions. Website usage information is collected using cookies.
Lawful Basis for Processing Data
The GDPR requires us to have a legal basis for collecting and using your personal data. The legal basis that we rely on is one of the following:
- you have given us your consent to process your personal data
- processing your personal data is necessary for us to fulfil a contract entered into with you, or is necessary for us to do things (at your request) prior to us entering into a contract
- we have a legitimate organisational interest where we use your personal data in a way that you would reasonably expect, and which has a minimal impact on your privacy.
How will we use the information about you?
The purposes for which we collect and use your personal data are as follows. In each case we have confirmed which legal basis we rely on:
- to provide you with information or a quotation for our services in response to your enquiry (contract)
- to provide you with the service and equipment you have hired and to invoice you (contract)
- to provide you with information about our other hire equipment and services (legitimate interests)
- for assessment and analysis; for example, customer and product analysis purposes. These enable us to review, develop and to improve our service to you as well as notifying you of any changes (legitimate interests)
- for direct marketing by email (consent)
- to administer our website (legitimate interests)
We would like to send you information about our products and services. If you have consented to receive marketing, you may opt out at any time.
Sharing Your Personal Data
We will ensure that the personal data we hold about you is kept safe and private and will only be shared with the employees of DM Audio Ltd for the purpose of providing you with information, equipment hire or services requested by you.
We will never sell your data to another organisation.
We may share your information with credit reference agencies and other companies for use in credit decisions, for fraud prevention, to pursue debtors, with our insurance company if a claim relating to the hire equipment is necessary or any other reason required by law.
HOW LONG DO WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We will keep your personal data on file unless you ask us to remove it.
In the case of financial information such as invoices and payments we are required to keep this on file for 6 years to comply with HMRC.
You have the right to:
- request details of any personal data DM Audio holds about you
- be told why we hold information about you
- be told who your personal information could be disclosed to
- request a copy of the information held about you
- to request that DM Audio Ltd corrects any personal data if it is inaccurate or out of date
- move, copy or transfer your personal data (‘data portability”)
- have your personal data erased where it is no longer legally necessary for DM Audio Ltd to retain it
- to restrict the processing of your personal data at any time
- to object to certain types of processing, e.g. direct marketing or decisions made solely with automated personal data processing
- to be told how long your personal data will be held for;
- to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office if you feel your personal data is being misused.
VISITORS TO OUR WEB SITE
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. This information is used to track visitor use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity.
For further information visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the above websites tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However in a few cases some of our website features may not function as a result.
We use your information collected from the website to personalise your repeat visits to our website.
OTHER WEB SITES
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice or would like to exercise any of your rights please contact us;
or write to us
DM Audio Ltd
7/1 Newhailes Industrial Estate